1) It’s only a movie… it’s meant to be entertaining whether it was or wasn’t…so all of the Christians that think the “Christian Faith” hangs in the balance need to chill. (SIDEBAR: I’m banking that most that hold this view about Da Vinci Code also believe that marriage is under attack because gays want to make life commitments to each other. If you haven’t noticed straight marriages have been messed up for years and it has nothing to do with the so-called “gay agenda”.)
2) If your Christian Faith can be shaken, damaged or altered by a movie, book, work of art, song, philosophical principle, website, blog or Eddie and Eddie over at Edge of Faith… it wasn’t much of a faith to begin with now was it.
3) If anything like a movie, book, work of art, song, etc causes you to examine, evaluate, investigate and even question what you believe… or dare I say doubt what you believe… it’s a blessing not a curse.
4) On one hand, some Christians disdain movies like “The Da Vinci Code”… yet embrace fictional movies like Chronicles of Narnia and Passion of the Christ (passing out tickets and inviting friends to talk about it in small groups)…. to me there is such an inconsistency in the whole thing it is laughable. Hey SCP… you can’t have it both ways.
5) Finally… I didn’t really want to write about the Da Vinci Code at all… but I am just hoping for a really high volume comment count and an opportunity for us all to chase a hell of a lot of rabbits.
So it is written, so shall it be done!